Whether a sporting injury is caused by improper preparation or by accident, it is important to diagnose and treat any injury promptly to prevent further damage to the affected part.
Physiotherapists have extensive training in this area and can effectively treat most conditions, to help maximise your potential for recovery.
You may be interested in the following statistics about sports injuries:
- You are most likely to injure yourself on a blue slope on the third day of your holiday.
- Women are three times more likely to sustain a soft tissue injury than men.
- On average, there are two to three injuries per 1000 skier days.
- It is estimated that 30% of injuries go unreported.
- Skiers bias towards lower limb injuries, while Boarders bias towards upper limb injuries.